Art on Wheels provides mobile, hands-on art programming. We travel to our partner organizations' facilities, and we collaborate with program partners and participant artists to ensure that our adaptive programming fosters joy, confidence, and well-being.
We are a small organization but mighty in our impact and as we continue to grow, we’re inviting passionate, creative and driven people to chat with us about joining our Board of Directors.
Engagement through the Art on Wheels Board means:
- Sharing your energy, expertise and advice to support our mission and operations.
- We want our Board to be a diverse group of energetic, passionate individuals who offer wisdom, ideas, focus and community connections.
- Love planning events, passionate about business strategy, experienced in nonprofit management, have a mind for marketing, just plain love the arts? - let’s chat!
- Connecting Art on Wheels to diverse people, resources, and partnerships and helping us build a community around our work.
- A great fit for our Board would be someone that is active and engaged in their community or has a desire to be. We want someone to help us make meaningful connections and shout from the rooftops just how awesome Art on Wheels is!
- Our service area is the Greater Richmond Region, Petersburg and areas in Southside, Virginia including Emporia, Jarratt, Prince George County, Sussex County, Greensville County, Dinwiddie County. We especially would like to chat with individuals living in Petersburg or Southside, VA.
- Growing with us.
- No prior Board experience necessary! To start, just believe in our mission and help us live our values.
- Let’s grow together.
We are not a fundraising Board but do ask all Board members to make a yearly donation in an amount that is meaningful to you.
Art on Wheels Snapshot:
- A few of Our Long-time Class Partners are SOAR365, Brandermill Woods, South Richmond Adult Day Care Center
- In 2019, we taught 241 classes and served 191 individuals in our class based programming.
- Through 2021-22 we are working to grow the number of classes and partnerships, with over 210 individuals served through our classes in 2021.
- The Team: 1 part-time executive director, 4 part-time teaching artists, 1 music therapy group partnership, and growing!
- 2022 Operating Budget: $97,456
Want to learn more? Read more about what to expect from Art on Wheels Board service and how to apply here: BoardInfo (artonwheels-va.org)
Interested? Want to learn more? We'd love to hear from you, please fill out the form below and we will reach out to you shortly to set-up a call or meeting to share more about getting involved.